- Confirm support for Django 4.0
- Add Spanish translation
- Add French translation
- Drop Django 1.7 workaround from select_subclasses()
- Drop support for Django < 3.2
- Drop support for Python 3.6
- Confirm support for Django 4.1
- Never released due to packaging issues.
- Add support for Django 3.2
- Drop support for Django 3.0
- Add support for Python 3.10
- Added urlsafe token field.
- Introduce context manager for FieldTracker state reset (GH-#491)
- Fix performance regression of FieldTracker on FileField subclasses on Django 3.1+ (GH-#498)
- Applied isort to codebase (Refs GH-#402)
- Fix TypeError in save when model inherits from both TimeStampModel and StatusModel. (Fixes GH-465)
- FieldTracker now marks fields as not changed after refresh_from_db respecting fields argument (GH-#404)
- FieldTracker now respects update_fields changed in overridden save() method (GH-#404)
- FieldTracker now resets states after pre_save() and not anymore save() signals, possibly altering the behaviour of overridden save() methods (GH-#404)
- Update InheritanceQuerySetMixin to avoid querying too much tables
- TimeStampedModel now automatically adds ‘modified’ field as an update_fields parameter even if it is forgotten while using save()
- Replace ugettext_lazy with gettext_lazy to satisfy Django deprecation warning
- Add available_objects manager to SoftDeletableModel and add deprecation warning to objects manager.
- StatusModel now automatically adds ‘status_changed’ field during save as an update_fieldsparameter when ‘status’ is present in it to make sure it is not forgotten.
- Update test requirements
- Move tests to GitHub Actions: https://github.com/jazzband/django-model-utils/actions
- Drop support for Django 2.1
- Add support for Python 3.9
- Add support for Django 3.1
- Added Choices.subset.
- Remove hacks for previously supported Django versions. (Fixes GH-390)
- Dropped support for Python 2.7. (Fixes GH-393)
- Dropped usage of six
- Drop support for Django 1.11
- Add support for Python 3.8
- Add support for Django 3.0
- Catch AttributeError for deferred abstract fields, fixes GH-331.
- Update documentation to explain usage of timeframed model manager, fixes GH-118
- Honor OneToOneField.parent_link=False.
- Fix handling of deferred attributes on Django 1.10+, fixes GH-278
- Fix FieldTracker.has_changed() and FieldTracker.previous() to return correct responses for deferred fields.
- Add Simplified Chinese translations.
- Update AutoLastModifiedField so that at instance creation it will always be set equal to created to make querying easier. Fixes GH-254
- Support reversed for all kinds of Choices objects, fixes GH-309
- Fix Model instance non picklable GH-330
- Fix patched save in FieldTracker
- Upgrades test requirements (pytest, pytest-django, pytest-cov) and skips tox test with Python 3.5 and Django (trunk)
- Add UUIDModel and UUIDField support.
- Update InheritanceIterable to inherit from ModelIterable instead of BaseIterable, fixes GH-277.
- Add all_objects Manager for ‘SoftDeletableModel’ to include soft deleted objects on queries as per issue GH-255
- Update classifiers and README via GH-306, fixes GH-305
- Support for Django 2.0 via GH-298, fixes GH-297
- Remove old travis script via GH-300
- Fix codecov and switch to py.test #301
- Drop support for Python 2.6.
- Drop support for Django 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7.
- Exclude tests from the distribution, fixes GH-258.
- Add support for Django 1.11 GH-269
- Add a new model to disable pre_save/post_save signals
- Fix infinite recursion with multiple MonitorField and defer() or only() on Django 1.10+. Thanks Romain Garrigues. Merge of GH-242, fixes GH-241.
- Fix InheritanceManager and SoftDeletableManager to respect self._queryset_class instead of hardcoding the queryset class. Merge of GH-250, fixes GH-249.
- Add mixins for SoftDeletableQuerySet and SoftDeletableManager, as stated in the the documentation.
- Fix SoftDeletableModel.delete() to use the correct database connection. Merge of GH-239.
- Added boolean keyword argument soft to SoftDeletableModel.delete() that revert to default behavior when set to False. Merge of GH-240.
- Enforced default manager in StatusModel to avoid manager order issues when using abstract models that redefine objects manager. Merge of GH-253, fixes GH-251.
- Added SoftDeletableModel abstract class, its manageer SoftDeletableManager and queryset SoftDeletableQuerySet.
- Fix issue with field tracker and deferred FileField for Django 1.10.
- Include runtests.py in sdist.
- Fix InheritanceQuerySet raising an AttributeError exception under Django 1.9.
- Django 1.10 support regressed with changes between pre-alpha and final release; 1.10 currently not supported.
- Drop support for Python 3.2.
- Add support for Django 1.10 pre-alpha.
- Track foreign keys on parent models properly when a tracker is defined on a child model. Fixes GH-214.
- Remove PassThroughManager. Use Django’s built-in QuerySet.as_manager() and/or Manager.from_queryset() utilities instead.
- Add support for Django 1.9.
- Remove all translation-related automation in setup.py. Fixes GH-178 and GH-179. Thanks Joe Weiss, Matt Molyneaux, and others for the reports.
- Keep track of deferred fields on model instance instead of on FieldInstanceTracker instance. Fixes accessing deferred fields for multiple instances of a model from the same queryset. Thanks Bram Boogaard. Merge of GH-151.
- Fix Django 1.7 migrations compatibility for SplitField. Thanks ad-m. Merge of GH-157; fixes GH-156.
- Add German translations.
- Django 1.8 compatibility.
- Revert GH-130, restoring ability to access
FieldTrackerchanges in overridden
post_savehandlers. This reopens GH-83 (inability to pickle models with
FieldTracker) until a solution can be found that doesn’t break behavior otherwise. Thanks Brian May for the report. Fixes GH-143.
- ASCII-fold all non-ASCII characters in changelog; again. Argh. Apologies to those whose names are mangled by this change. It seems that distutils makes it impossible to handle non-ASCII content reliably under Python 3 in a setup.py long_description, when the system encoding may be ASCII. Thanks Brian May for the report. Fixes GH-141.
- Add support for Django’s built-in migrations to
PassThroughManagernow has support for seeing exposed methods via
dir, allowing IPython tab completion to be useful. Merge of GH-104, fixes GH-55.
- Add pickle support for models using
FieldTracker. Thanks Ondrej Slintak for the report. Thanks Matthew Schinckel for the fix. Merge of GH-130, fixes GH-83.
PassThroughManagerfor Django <1.6. Fixes issues with related managers not filtering by relation properly. Thanks whop, Bojan Mihelac, Daniel Shapiro, and Matthew Schinckel for the report; Matthew for the fix. Merge of GH-121.
FieldTrackerwith deferred model attributes. Thanks Michael van Tellingen. Merge of GH-115.
InheritanceManagerwith self-referential FK; avoid infinite recursion. Thanks rsenkbeil. Merge of GH-114.
- ASCII-fold all non-ASCII characters in changelog. Apologies to those whose names are mangled by this change. It seems that distutils makes it impossible to handle non-ASCII content reliably under Python 3 in a setup.py long_description, when the system encoding may be ASCII. Thanks Simone Dalla for the report. Fixes GH-113.
- Fix dependency to be on “Django” rather than “django”, which plays better with static PyPI mirrors. Thanks Travis Swicegood.
- Fix issue with attempt to access
PassThroughManager. Thanks Patryk Zawadzki. Merge of GH-105.
InheritanceManagerso any attributes added by using extra(select) will be propagated onto children. Thanks Curtis Maloney. Merge of GH-101, fixes GH-34.
QueryManagerMixinto allow composing their functionality with other custom manager/queryset subclasses (e.g. those in GeoDjango). Thanks Douglas Meehan!
- BACKWARDS-INCOMPATIBLE: Indexing into a
Choicesinstance now translates database representations to human-readable choice names, rather than simply indexing into an array of choice tuples. (Indexing into
Choiceswas previously not documented.) If you have code that is relying on indexing or slicing
Choices, the simplest workaround is to change e.g.
- Fixed bug with checking for field name conflicts for added query managers on StatusModel.
- Can pass choices_name to StatusField to use a different name for
choices class attribute.
STATUSis used by default.
- Can pass model subclasses, rather than strings, into select_subclasses(). Thanks Keryn Knight. Merge of GH-79.
- Deepcopying a Choices instance no longer fails with infinite recursion in getattr. Thanks Leden. Merge of GH-75.
- get_subclass() method is now available on both managers and querysets. Thanks Travis Swicegood. Merge of GH-82.
- Fix bug in InheritanceManager with grandchild classes on Django 1.6+; select_subclasses(‘child’, ‘child__grandchild’) would only ever get to the child class. Thanks Keryn Knight for report and proposed fix.
- MonitorField now accepts a ‘when’ parameter. It will update only when the field changes to one of the values specified.
- Choices now accepts option-groupings. Fixes GH-14.
- Choices can now be added to other Choices or to any iterable, and can be compared for equality with itself. Thanks Tony Aldridge. (Merge of GH-76.)
- Choices now __contains__ its Python identifier values. Thanks Keryn Knight. (Merge of GH-69).
- Fixed a bug causing
KeyErrorwhen saving with the parameter
update_fieldsin which there are untracked fields. Thanks Mikhail Silonov. (Merge of GH-70, fixes GH-71).
FieldTrackerusage on inherited models. Fixes GH-57.
- Added mutable field support to
FieldTracker(Merge of GH-73, fixes GH-74)
FieldTrackeras replacement for
ModelTracker, which is now deprecated.
PassThroughManager.for_queryset_class()no longer ignores superclass
get_query_set. Thanks Andy Freeland.
InheritanceManagerbug with grandchildren in Django 1.6. Thanks CrazyCasta.
- Fixed lack of
StatusField. Fixes GH-41.
- Added explicit default to
BooleanFieldin tests, for Django trunk compatibility.
- Fixed intermittent
StatusFieldbug. Fixes GH-29.
- Added Python 3 support.
- Dropped support for Django 1.2 and 1.3. Django 1.4.2+ required.
- Allow specifying default value for a
StatusField. Thanks Felipe Prenholato.
- Fix calling
RelatedManagerthat subclasses a dynamic
PassThroughManager. Thanks SeiryuZ for the report. Fixes GH-24.
- Add workaround for https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16855 in
InheritanceQuerySet to avoid overriding prior calls to
select_related(). Thanks ivirabyan.
- Added support for arbitrary levels of model inheritance in InheritanceManager. Thanks ivirabyan. (This feature only works in Django 1.6+ due to https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16572).
ModelTrackerfor tracking field changes between model saves. Thanks Trey Hunner.
- Moved primary development from Bitbucket to GitHub. Bitbucket mirror will continue to receive updates; Bitbucket issue tracker will be closed once all issues tracked in it are resolved.
- Removed deprecated
- Fixed pickling of
PassThroughManager. Thanks Rinat Shigapov.
use_for_related_fields = Trueon
Choices. Thanks Ryan Kaskel and James Oakley.
InheritanceQuerySeton Django 1.5. Thanks Javier Garcia Sogo.
- Updated AutoCreatedField, AutoLastModifiedField, MonitorField, and
TimeFramedModel to use
django.utils.timezone.nowon Django 1.4. Thanks Donald Stufft.
- Fixed annotation of InheritanceQuerysets. Thanks Jeff Elmore and Facundo Gaich.
- Dropped support for Python 2.5 and Django 1.1. Both are no longer supported even for security fixes, and should not be used.
PassThroughManager.for_queryset_class(), which fixes use of
PassThroughManagerwith related fields. Thanks Ryan Kaskel for report and fix.
InheritanceManager.get_subclass(). Thanks smacker.
- Fixed using SplitField on an abstract base model.
- Fixed issue #8, adding
use_for_related_fields = Trueto
PassThroughManager. Thanks Paul McLanahan.
- Added pending-deprecation warnings for
manager_from, and Django 1.1 support. Removed documentation for the deprecated utilities. Bumped
ChoiceEnumfrom pending-deprecation to deprecation.
- Fixed issue #6, bug with InheritanceManager and descriptor fields (e.g. FileField). Thanks zyegfryed for the fix and sayane for tests.
- updated SplitField to define get_prep_value rather than get_db_prep_value. This avoids deprecation warnings on Django trunk/1.3, but makes SplitField incompatible with Django versions prior to 1.2.
- added InheritanceManager, a better approach to selecting subclass instances for Django 1.2+. Thanks Jeff Elmore.
- added InheritanceCastManager and InheritanceCastQuerySet, to allow bulk casting of a queryset to child types. Thanks Gregor Muellegger.
- added manager_from (thanks George Sakkis)
- added StatusField, MonitorField, TimeFramedModel, and StatusModel (thanks Jannis Leidel)
- deprecated ChoiceEnum and replaced with Choices
- added SplitField
- added ChoiceEnum
- added South support for custom model fields